Thursday, August 17, 2006

Now, about those books...

Wow, I just checked how much stuff I'm supposed to have written during the ages: several bibles, the Quran, the Torah, a blog on the web and a whole series of conversations with me. I've read it all. Some of it is wise, some of it is boring, some of it is silly, quite a lot is downright insane. And hardly anything is funny.
Most of these books seem to agree on only one point: That all the other books are rubbish.
For God's ... well ... my sake, you really are the most gullible of all my creations...
In order to clear up the matter once and for all and to avoid further confusion about what I did and did not say, write or order, I hereby demand that from now on the following disclaimer shall be added to all of 'my' books:
"This book is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places and incidents are products of the author's imagination or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual events or locales or persons or gods, living, immortal or dead, is entirely coincidental."
You will all agree that if I am the author, I can demand to include that disclaimer. And if I'm not, the disclaimer is even more true.

No comments: